Music Banter - View Single Post - Men.
Thread: Men.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Equality between the sexes sure as hell doesn't exist yet, but I see a damned sight more equality around when people just get the **** on with life and don't think about the damned war these arguments always encourage.
It's not easy to forget about equality of the sexes and just "get the **** on with life" when you're receiving less wages than you would if you were a man, and when you're constantly being patronized and reminded that you are the 'lesser' sex, and when 1 in 4 women will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime due to the way women are portrayed as subordinate to men in every avenue of representation and the men that choose to believe this...

I choose not to get the **** on with life, but to argue about equality as long as I live because having a vagina has already cost me so many disadvantages in my life and I'm only 21. So don't tell me, or anyone else who feels this way, that there's more equality when people just "get the **** on with life." Because arguing is the only way to achieve equality and move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
So right out the window goes your 'womens emotional strength surpasses mens' argument.
I think having a child is one of the most emotionally and physically straining things anyone would ever have to go through in their lifetime, and something that would require a world of strength. I'm sure there are some men that are better at dealing with emotions than women... but you don't even have the right to comment on these issues because you have no ****ing idea what it's like being born a girl. A girl has to learn to fight for her rights as soon as she leaves the womb, to a degree that men will never understand.

*deep breath* I knew my soapbox moment would come out sooner or later. Sorry guys.

Last edited by Astronomer; 11-09-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote