Music Banter - View Single Post - Post-Rock Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #151 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

I bought another album, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever, by Explosions in the Sky. It was only my second Explosions in the Sky record, but I loved it very thoroughly. Greet Death is really great, I loved it as an opener; it's a really powerful track. Yasmin the Light was really great too. In fact, I loved the whole album from top to bottom.

I have a few more that I'm planning on buying actually.

Happy Songs for Happy People - Mogwai
All is Violent, All is Bright - God is an Astronaut
Finally We Are No One - Mum
Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn - Do Make Say Think
One Time for All Time - 65daysofstatic
Lift your Skinny Fists like Antennas to the Sky - Godspeed

I have a few other choices in mind (like a Sigur Ros soundtrack, the Zidane soundtrack, and an Amiina album), but these seem to be my primary choices right now. I'm probably going to buy 4 of them within a week or two, and I know for certain I'm getting Finally We Are No One and All is Violent, All is Bright. I heard the first track off of All is Violent, All is Bright and was completely blown away. I need that record.

Anyways, does anyone have suggestions as to what the other two I pick should be? I think I'm leaning towards Happy Songs for Happy People and Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn, but I'm not certain.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote