Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #441 (permalink)
classylady
Music Addict

I have a few ones that you may like. They're not exactly new, but are a few that I have heard of in the past decade; having re-emerged into my listening playlists:

- Mono (there's 8 bands w/ this name, but the one I'm referring to is the one that came out w/ the single "Life in Mono" back in 1996): They are primarily a modern contemporary band that has the same type of sound as Dido if you're familiar with that band.

- Angelspit: An Australian Duo who primarily performs Electric-Industrial music. More hard-hitting of a band than your usual Female vocalist, Amelia "Destroyx" Tan has quite the perfect voice for the music. One song I would heavily recommend would be "100 Percent."

- Peter Buffett: He garnered fame foremost because he's the son of billionare Warren Buffett. His music, however, is not without merit. He produced scores for productions such as The Waiting and 500 Nations. I highly recommend The Waiting though because it's one of those CDs to which you can listen to from beginning to end as each track flows into the other (even with the sudden change in time-scale and crescendo)

My Friendster |My Space | My Bebo
Weight Loss Patch | Anti Aging Cream
classylady is offline   Reply With Quote