Music Banter - View Single Post - Hilary Duff
Thread: Hilary Duff
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #92 (permalink)
Hilary
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Oh quit bitching. I love metal (not religiously, but I have my preferences :P), but last time I checked, popularity of a certain artist doesn't necessarily correlate with the group in question being talented at all. Slipknot's not awful by any means, but there are better examples if you want to make a case for metal. Meshuggah, Pain of Salvation, Edge of Sanity, King Crimson since the Red era, etc.

Hillary: Is it arrogance to imply that people should open themselves up to other kinds of music before shoving their opinions into other people's faces? You're either the bitch who sits on their couch and gets weaned on MTV and bull**** publications like Rolling Stone and Pitchfork or you are an explorer who seeks to expand his/her listening capacities and tolerances by searching out things for yourself.

Get your ass out of the nest before calling me out on arrogance.
I wasn't calling you arrogant. All I was doing was using your words and that's why I used the quote below my sentence to prove my point. But that wasn't directed at you.

Anyways, I don't think I was shoving this thread in anybody's face directly. I asked opinions and have been given asshat remarks.