Music Banter - View Single Post - Hilary Duff
Thread: Hilary Duff
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 PM   #112 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Lodge View Post
I really think that you are missing the point on this one.

Having a song writing credit on a song no longer that 2 minutes, means she probably improvised the words "ooh ohh" or baby baby, or some one liner that they though, yeah yeah, that will credit her into being a "songwriter".

Please, take it from me, a musician, someone who WENT to UNIVERSITY for music, who took songwriting classes, and studied music for my ENTIRE life, she is NOT a musician. she is not a songwriter. she is a gimmick. she has been marketed to little girls to make money. hey she has a clothing line, does that mean she is a designer? no, she put her name on it to allow little girls to recognize her, and to make heaps of cash.

you've just been duped into liking her, and you feel defensive because you know the rest of us have a point.

fine, if you like her "voice" (thank you autotune, and d-verb), or if you like the music, thats perfectly fine, listen to what you want... but don't have the audacity to argue with everyone on a music forum that she is a creative musician. because you're wrong.
I kind of stand in line with this in most ways. Having one little credit on a song under 2 minutes doesn't make her a song-writer. The extent of her musical ability is singing, which she apparently doesn't do all by herself anyways (auto tune and such). She's really just an image that's being sold.

Last edited by Blue; 11-11-2008 at 02:43 PM.