Music Banter - View Single Post - Ambient music...
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

Default Ambient music...

I was going to make an Eno thread since I couldn't find one, but in the process realized I don't know much ambient music outside of him. So, I figured we could have an ambient thread, where all fans could discuss artists they like, and talk about anything related to the music.

Anyways, I've always been a big Eno fan from the few albums of his I have (Music for Airports, Music for Films, Thursday Afternoon), and the bits I've heard here and there. There's still a number of his albums I really want to get, mainly Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks. But, does anyone have any other ambient artists they could suggest? I saw Eluvium and Slow Dancing Society in sleep thread, and I'm instantly interested in Eluvium. I checked out some clips on iTunes and really need to get some of his/her/their music. Anyone have any suggestions in terms of a good place to start.

By the way, if there is already a pre-existing ambient thread, I apologize. I also don't know if this belongs in Electronica or Avant-garde.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote