Music Banter - View Single Post - 12 string electric guitars. Help?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

I'd avoid the danelectro tbh. The bodies are made of masonite and plywood...

Fender make a Stratocaster XII though, and if anyone knows 12 string electric jangle its gonna be them.
.:: FenderĀ®.com ::.

And schecter make the stargazer 12 and SCH12 (The SCH12 is semi hollow btw, it'd be my choice if I were going for a 12 electric. Semi hollow electrics sound SWEET and 12 strings are awesome...combine the 2 and I'm guassing things get wicked.)

Schecter Stargazer 12-String Electric Guitar - arbiter.co.uk
Acclaim Sound & Lighting*::*Musical Instruments*::*Guitars - Electric 7 String+ Left Hand*::*Schecter SCH12 12 String Electric Guitar

(I'd link to their normal website, but my computer won't access it for some reason. Google schecter guitar research)

Just, imo, danelectro aren't going to be the best guitars for the money...they have a lot of kitsch value, but at the end of the day, they're still made of plywood, and the pickups still can't be adjusted for different heights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 11-12-2008 at 01:03 AM.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote