Music Banter - View Single Post - the name is Homes, Arty Homes
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 01:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyHomes View Post
as far as my set up goes, I have a 5 piece Yamaha Stage custom, with Sabian Cymbals...i cant recall what series they are cuz ive worn the lettering off of them, lol. Im due for new set, im thinkin I wanna get a nice gretsch set or a DW set.
Stage Custom is a nice set. For the low price it is definitely the best out of the related sets (Pearl Forum, Ludwig 5 Piece...etc). And if I were you I would go with a DW set. Everything that company makes is ****ing great. I have gotten all my equipment from them for years, and it sounds great/does not break.

Another thing I would consider is just upgrading your set. You would be surprised how much better a kit can sound when the better drum heads are put on, tuned to perfection, and with some added cymbals/drums. I say this because the stage custom Snare/Toms are actually pretty good quality and will sound good for a long time. Keep them and all your cymbals (moving them around to fit new ones) and get a new Hi-Hat and new Single/Double bass.

I did that with my first set (Pearl Forum) and it lasted me 8 years because I upgraded it so much. The result being I had a very decent kit for ALOT less the money than a new one would run me. Costs me 600$ new, spent 300$ on extra stuff, and then sold it for 600$ 8 years later.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote