Music Banter - View Single Post - Pope is Dead.
Thread: Pope is Dead.
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 03:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
The study of religions past and present has always been a "hobby" of mine. I think i know what im talking about on this, thats where the walking teutonic cliché "itchy trigger finger" comes from. I was up for a good debate, and was hoping someone would be up for it. The pope wasnt a good guy, his beliefs were outdated (anti abortion, anti womens' rights, homophobic, and anti contraception) and shouldnt be praised by people now days. I choose not to bow to their knees in front of the funeral of the head of the most ferocious, bloody, and freedom-destroying organization that history can remember. You can if you want...Now im gonna go eat lunch, and look forward to your reply.
i agree with a lot of stuff you have said.
HOWEVER, "freedom destroying"? "ferocious"? we are talking about john paul II here- the guy who risked his life in the polish resistance to save jews and provide them with freedom. the guy who has travelled the globe trying to unite religions so as to create a more peaceful existance. the guy who was of paramount importance in the abolishment of communism in eastern europe. if thats destroying freedom then mother theresa was a satanist. sure, his beliefs are slightly old fashioned but we all have separate ideas of an ideal world. you sound like your talking about bloody hitler.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote