Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #102 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
Well said, you really can't blame the cornerbacks for giving huge gains to a hobbled Tony Scheffler or for letting the Broncs somehow still manage to get as many rushing yards as they did with their 3rd and 4th string running backs and then even their full back. A linebacker would be a wise decision for a first pick but looking to other first day draft choices they're going to need a running back eventually, Jamal Lewis isn't who he used to be. I think with either quarterback if they can tighten up their defense and find a good young talent (like a Tim Hightower or Chris Johnson) to compliment the bruising of Lewis, we're looking at a playoff team in a couple of years.
Agreed accept for the running back part. We have the personnel for a more spread type of offense. I think Harrison/Wright are more than capable backups in that system, but Lewis sticks out like a sore thumb. Sure he's great, sure he's a 1000 yard rusher, but his style of running doesn't help us out. I think if we go running back any time soon, we need to address it in the first round, get a stud speed back. Knowshaun Moreno perhaps.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote