Music Banter - View Single Post - Ambient music...
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...ent-drone.html

There kind of is, maybe that will help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure on the artist you said, but I have quite a few relaxation/meditation/sleep ambient albums you may like. Here are the two that are probably my favorites. The first is a little more upbeat and good for getting you in a thinking state. The second is perfect for either falling asleep or just resting and having light background music.

Chakra's Dream : Peaceful Sleep (Last.fm Link)
Brain Sync : Super Learning
(Last.fm Link)
That is definately helpful, thank you. I'm sure I can find lots of new artists in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roygbiv
My mind boggles at the fact that you have YET to mention Another Green World by Eno. It doesn't start as an ambient record, but it very much is in its second half. Seriously, listen to it. Right now.
As soon as I can scrape together the money, I will do just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
What kind of ambient are we talking here? Long slow drones and background noises, or more musical pulsing ambient?

Or even, the more traditional techno style ambient?

I highly reccomend Visit Venus, and Entheogenic if its that kind of thing. Very chilled out.

Also, for long drawn out stuff, and slightly more worldy stuff, Robert Rich's collaboration with Alo Die is awesome.

Also, for the most ambient of the ambient, you can find it all here, with reviews, categorization and sound samples:

Ambience by Sound :: Ambience for the Masses
Well the only ambient music I really know is Brian Eno and Harold Budd. I'm not exactly sure what they're classified as. I'm not as much of a fan of the techno ambient music, that actually has a beat; I like ambient music that is more formless. I will definately make good use of that site though.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote