Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork
Thread: Pitchfork
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #73 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
True, but don't you find the whole thing kind of pathetic? Instead of seeking out things for themselves, people would rather have someone else (AKA Pitchfork or some other publication) put an opinion in their mouth, followed by brazenly wearing it on their sleeve as evidence that their taste is music is superior to someone elses. It's always been that way I know, but that's no excuse for folks to sit on their asses and rally behind crappy biases. I mean, Christ, where did the desire to learn and experience things for oneself disappear off to? Loving them or hating them isn't even worth the effort involved when you could be listening to something interesting instead.
I'm not sure I understand this sort of reasoning. Does anyone here actually know someone whose opinion on music is based solely on reading Pitchfork's reviews?

I agree with everything Rainy said, in the indie community they have no equal. I still read them because I need some some way of filtering the incredible amount of music being released these days on line. I disagree with them on most accounts, but I'll still check out anything they praise because once in a while they put the spotlight on some spectacular artists which could have gone under the radar...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote