Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork
Thread: Pitchfork
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #74 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I'm not sure I understand this sort of reasoning. Does anyone here actually know someone whose opinion on music is based solely on reading Pitchfork's reviews?

I agree with everything Rainy said, in the indie community they have no equal. I still read them because I need some some way of filtering the incredible amount of music being released these days on line. I disagree with them on most accounts, but I'll still check out anything they praise because once in a while they put the spotlight on some spectacular artists which could have gone under the radar...
I knew people back in high school who literally worshipped Pitchfork, so I assure you guys that yes, people do exist out there who form their opinions solely on Pitchfork's verdicts.

Rainard: I noticed those lists also, but when you are making any top 100 lists of the 1970's when you are a publication like Pitchfork, it doesn't seem feasible not to include any prog. at all (considering the genre's prevailence for most of the decade).

Also, don't diss Emerson, Lake and Palmer! They had killer live performances, plus Jimmy Hendrix wanted to form HELP with them before his untimely demise...

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote