Music Banter - View Single Post - How would you feel if your favorite musician/artist came out of the closet?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwaves View Post
Doesn't matter to me at all. I won't get into a big rant about religion being detrimental to our society, but it really is.

As far as the guy saying it's not all religion's fault, okay. There's no way to judge how much bigotry religion really has caused, but the fact that homosexuality is considered an abomination by most Christians tells you something. And because religious groups are the ones primarily behind keeping rights from homosexuals, it's totally fair to blame religion.

This isn't the case with everyone, but I'm not religious, and I see no reason to hate ***s. They're human beings too, they were just born different. The reasoning behind despising them just doesn't make any sense to me.

Conservatism isn't synonymous with bigotry. I hate to be the one to tell you, but your parents are backwards on that issue at least. It's only a coincidence that backwards ideologies have taken control of the Republican Party, which does not speak for all conservatives anyway.

Not only do I imagine they're against ***s for religious reasons (aka silly reasons), they're also wrong about the own Constitution that so many "conservatives" swear they'd die to uphold.
Very true, but do remember that the Democratic party is equally as guilty when it comes to going against the constitution.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote