Music Banter - View Single Post - Hiv Positve American Man Cured In Berlin Breaking News 12/11/2008
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Sounds cold and pessimistic to me...I could never live like that. And it baffles me that anyone could reduce us to shit producing machines when there's so much around us to prove otherwise. :\
What is around us though? We have made our own lives better but to the detriment of other species and nature itself.

I think that you are perhaps reading my thoughts wrong. Human beings are capable of acts of oustanding bravery and devotion. However we treat the planet as a plaything and are now only just realising the extent of our folly. Why are we so hellbent on creating destruction amongst ourselves?

A bad description i know but: A lion will mercilesly hunts it's prey, rip it apart for meat with not any thought about consequences. It needs food and will find it. Yet a few hours later both the hunter and the hunted may well be drinking water from the same pool and nothing will happen.

Humans cannot do this. They desire and want and need and want to sate their flesh at every available opportunity. We eat when we are not hungry and drink when we are not thirsty. We do not fit into natures chain. We cannot change this now and neither should feel bad about it either. By knowing our faults, we can then work upon our positives and try to redress the many imbalances we have caused.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote