Music Banter - View Single Post - Dio
Thread: Dio
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 AM   #98 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Dio

Does anyone else agree/think that Dio lost it after the first two albums? I was absolutely blown away by "Holy Diver", and just getting back to my feet when "The last in line" bitchslapped me back down, so I expected "Sacred heart" to be another piledriver and it, well, wasn't. I mean, don't get me wrong, their were some good tracks ("Just another day", "Rock and roll children", the title track), but it just was not the powerhouse its predecessors had been.
Then came "Dream evil", and it just got worse. I think the only track on that I enjoyed was "All the fools sailed away". I left Dio to their own devices for a while then, and recently picked up where I had left off. With the exception of the superb "Killing the dragon", I was REALLY disappointed that Dio had failed so badly to realise the enormous potential shown in tracks like "Don't talk to strangers", "Rainbow in the dark", "Egypt" and "I speed at night". I mean, "Angry machines" was just awful!
Anyone else feel this way, or am I alone? Or do I just not get it? I liked RJD in Rainbow, and Black Sabbath, so I know what he's capable of. What I want to know is, what went wrong?