Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Default Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)

So I needed to get this off my chest as its been bugging me. I do not understand what argument any people or persons of religious faith can form for the banning of gay marriage. As per the first amendment the state is forced to look at marriage as either being a religious right or a civic right. If it is indeed a religious right than the state can not be involved nor make laws pertaining to who can and can't wed. Its simply unconstitutional. On the other hand if it is a civic right than the state can not recognize the religiousity of it and has to let everyone do it, strictly prohibit it, or claim no involvement with it anyway. How then is it legally possible to ban *** marriage?

Furthermore, unbanning gay marriage would result in a booming market for tuxedos, cakes, dresses, and all that other good stuff. It would be economically beneficial to stop prop 8. Even if you don't want gays to get married you should be against prop 8 for your own good.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote