Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #612 (permalink)
ins0mniac
Groupie

3: Mickey Avalon - Self Titled Album
Quirky, awkward rap about abstract topics all relating to the life of a city rich boy going insane with drugs and women. However, in an incredibly catchy, contagious way. His voice has an outstanding flow to it and he rhymes outstandingly with awkwardly appropriate music.

Favorite Songs- Roll the Dice, So Rich, So Pretty, Jane Fonda

2: K'naan - The Dusty Foot Philosopher
One of the more classic rap albums I've heard in my day. K'naan's style is exquisite, combining Michael Franti and Eminem with a smooth, bitter flow and uplifting overtones in which help K'naan's native Kenya. Many African beats make for an unusual sound as well as incorporanting horns in some songs, this album stands one-of-a-kind for me.

Favorite Songs- In The Begginning, Dusty Foot Philosopher, Blues For The Horn

1: Ween - The Mollusk
Well this album is simply a creation. With a flowy, ocean theme the guitars flow in a similar way. They add comedy into their act in an awkward puzzling way as always starting with "Dancing In the Show Tonight" and continuing with "Waving My **** In The Wind" while tossing in ingenius creations of throughout the album including their water themed well-known "Ocean Man." Their experimental sound only becomes more complicated in The Mollusk using unusual synth effects and switching between unusual genres (ie: The Blarney Stone) This album never slows down. It is one of the higher points in 90's music from start to end.

Favorite Songs - The Mollusk, Mutilated Lips, She Wanted To Leave
ins0mniac is offline   Reply With Quote