Music Banter - View Single Post - The Complete Discography thread Van Morrison
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #67 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post

This was the first Van Morrison album I ever listened to, ever bought and ever loved. Almost the anti-Astral Weeks in the sense that the songs stand out individually much more then collectively, still there is a tremendous consistency in quality and a unique nature that is somehow more soulful and sincere then much music of similar styles. Poppy and brash at times, nostalgic and optimistic throughout. Every song is a celebration of either a good time had or bright things to come. From the opening track’s “Rain let up and sun came up” till the finale “Glad Tidings” Morrison shows that the dark side of Astral Weeks which deals with the agony of life at times is worth the struggle because of the beauty and happiness displayed in Moondance…
Well I listened to this album last night instead of a compilation since you stated this was the first you listened to. I don't think there was any track I disliked. Although I was disappointed in the title track Moondance. Did not stick out on the album at all, possibly even being my least favorite song. (still very good though)

I think I will work backwords on the albums from here.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote