Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #600 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
I'm bored again, and well, that means another compilation
Anyways, this one's an all instrumental one. The first track alone is an exception. Since i listen to a lot of progressive stuff, Instrumentals come and go often. I didn't include any weird stuff or any of that 8 minute guitar solos. Nothing flashy, kinda easy listening actually. No soundtracks or post-rock either as those could use their own compilations None of those weird avant-garde jazzy stuff as well.(that will come next)

Track Listing

1. Latte E Miele - I Testimoni (1 parte) - As i said, this one alone is an exception. Please do adjust for the first few seconds as there are vocals(in Italian).

2. Latte E Miele - I Testimoni (2 parte) - Continuation of part 1.

3. Locanda Delle Fate - A volte un istante di quiete

4. Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - Danza Dei Grandi Rettili

5. Le Orme - Alienazione

6. Premiata Forneria Marconi - La terra dell'acqua - Tracks 1 to 6 are typical Italian stuff(mostly symphonic). Almost all albums have one instrumental and I've just put some together here. Most of it is British influenced prog., more in the vein of Genesis, VDGG and a bit of Jethro Tull. Nothing flashy or weird and no over-instrumentation either. Like i said, kinda easy listening.

7. Goblin - Snip Snap - From one of their few non-soundtrack releases. Decided not to use soundtracks since that can have it's own compilation I would have personally chosen the title track "Goblin", but decided to keep it short and simple here. Some nice bass work.(fretless bass?)

8. Camel - SuperTwister - Another short instrumental. Some nice Flute playing here.

9. King Crimson - Sailor's Tale - My favorite King Crimson Instrumental, from the album "Islands".

10. Dün - Arrakis - The only track, that I would consider a little bit "weird". It's right at the end, so you can wait for it.

If any of you liked the last track, there's more of where that came from.(In the next compilation )

Instrumental.rar

Astonishing. Absolutely superb. I have the Camel, Goblin and King Crimson but the rest I definitely want. Best comp I have heard in a while.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote