Music Banter - View Single Post - The 10 Track Mixtape Thread (Song Lists Without Links Will Be Deleted)
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #601 (permalink)
Alfred
one big soul

ALFRED'S MUSIC TASTE: AN OVERVIEW
[Part 1]

Imma go thru my library, and pick out some of my favorite music. Sound good?

1. 16 Horsepower "Fire Spirit"
An upbeat alt. country song by 16 Horsepower. This isn't a good representation of their sound, however, just a note. Whatever, I love it.

2. Alexisonfire "You Burn First"
Yes, another song that badly represents an artists sound, but I don't care. You Burn First is a slow track that features (debateably) no screaming, unlike other songs of theirs. Whatever, it's a gloomy masterpiece.

3. Asian Dub Foundation "Naxalite"
I've seen ADF called a lot of things. Breakbeat, Ragga, Hip Hop, and as the name suggests, dub. You get the basic idea, though. This is my favorite song by them.

4. At The Drive-In "Lopsided"
While I love ATDI's more aggressive songs, I have a soft spot for their lighter, more indie rock-oriented stuff. This one is superb.

5. Bad Brains "F.V.K."
A quick, fast, punk track. Gotta love Bad Brains.

6. Beulah "Silver Lining"
Catchy, fun, indie pop track. Love it.

7. Bob Dylan "It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry"
Yes, yes, you've probably all heard this song before, but I can't make a comp without some Dylan on it. This one is great.

8. Cancer Bats "French Immersion"
I don't know why I didn't listen to Cancer Bats before September. Them and Alexisonfire make me proud to be Canadian. Yes, this song is one of their most popular ones, but rightfully so.

9. The Clash "1977"
The Clash are well known on these boards, so I'll throw in a slightly lesser known song by them. 1977 was the b-side for White Riot, and contains my favorite Clash line "No Elvis, Beatles, or The Rolling Stones in 1977".

10. Descendents "Cool To Be You"
I don't like to end a comp with a pop-punk song, but whatever. Descendents rule.

Link.

I'd like feedback. Maybe I'll get through the rest of my library.