Music Banter - View Single Post - 3 Artists that NEED to be better known
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #75 (permalink)
billyjerome
Audio Slave

Exclamation Update

Just a slight update to my original post...

I am including allmusic entries as a quick reference
and
Last.fm pages for quick listening.
And official websites.
And very short summaries/statements, for I am too high for literature and such. (Luckily I did everything else before..)

Also, keep in mind that this is all based on artists I feel aren't as well known in the area I live (Chicago) or country (USA, dur).

---

Big Star - Pop / Rock
allmusic - Last.fm
They have been receiving more attention in the recent years, but still not what they deserve.

Sun Ra - Jazz
Website - allmusic - Last.fm
Trippy.

The Rounders - Blues / Rock
Keepin' the blues alive and well.

Joe Bonamassa - Blues-Rock
By far the most virtuoistic..?why not...guitarist I have seen in recent years. Fun fact: He opened for B.B. King at age 12...via personal invite.

Spoon - Indie Rock
Check out what I consider their best album, Girls Can Tell. Also one of the coolest sounding albums ever. Like coolguy, badass, slick, awesome cool.

Todd Rundgren - Pop / Rock
Something/Anything is my favorite album of his, hands down. Just an all-around excellent pop artist. One of the only vinyls I own and listen to regularly.

Madvillain - Alternative Rap / Hip-Hop
One of my favorite hip-hop collaborations to date.

Kings of Leon - Rock
I don't understand this country. It always amazes me when bands make it big in every country BUT the one they came from. Newest album has their best song yet, 'Manhattan'.

Shooter Jennings - Country
I'm sure if you have heard of country music you will recognize that last name. Well that is his son. And he's badass.

Yo La Tengo - Indie Rock
Not too popular around these parts, that I know of. But Chicago alone cannot supply the amount of respect they deserve. The Sounds of the Sounds of Science is very intriguing and should not be forgotten!

Last edited by billyjerome; 11-21-2008 at 07:07 PM.
billyjerome is offline   Reply With Quote