Music Banter - View Single Post - So what about bass wah?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleHEAD90666 View Post
if you wont you can just by a original Cry baby with will do the same thin as a bass cry baby for less money. also you can use almost any effect with a bass just cause it is made for a guitar dose not mean you cant use it 4 a bass, alot of bass playera use an electro harmonix big muff for a really cool fuzz and distortion
this isn't quite accurate

yes you 'can' run a regular wah for a bass but it won't give you nearly as much response as a proper bass wah. i've got a vox wah for guitar and a cry-baby bass wah and there is a VERY noticeable difference in both pedals.

a bass wah is made to handle the low frequencies generated by a bass guitar, you'll get greater response and a better overall effect by using one over a conventional guitar wah.

if i've said it once i've said it 1000 times. it all really depends on the sound YOU want. a guitar wah will work on a bass but the first thing you'll notice is a distinct reduction in your low end tone. the scope of the effect is also significantly reduced. it ends up sounding more like you're scratching tin foil on a screen door over the sound of a bass coming through a telephone than booty shaking underwater funk.

every crybaby bass wah i've seen for sale has been close enough to a regular crybaby in price to make the difference negligible.

also... big muff + bass = GOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote