Music Banter - View Single Post - Modest Mouse : We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 12:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
ins0mniac
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
My favorite album by them is the one almost no one's heard of:
What's so appealing about Sad Sappy Sucker? Unusual lyrics beyond the point of comprehension at times, horrible sound, and not really any meaning to their songs which completely changed from then to now. Don't get me wrong, I love SSS but to say it's better than Lonesome Crowded West is just silly to me.

Were Were Dead... was one of those albums I woke up right when Best Buy opened for and excitedly raced inside to grab a deluxe version. I hurried back to my car and blasted it. March Into The Sea is still my favorite album, it sets a MM-ey tone of lonliness and anger. And the album for the most part continues with that there along with water. This seemed like much for of a Modest Mouse-like theme than Good News to me. And I enjoyed it as a follow-up from The Moon and Antartica more so than Good News. Going straight through the album, every song has something to offer I think and I have gone through an obsession with each, most recently "Little Motel" and originally "Steam Engenius"

This album is excellent and was a personal classic to me since it was released.
ins0mniac is offline   Reply With Quote