Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #873 (permalink)
ins0mniac
Groupie

"On the aforementioned "Sorry," Rose suddenly sings an otherwise innocuous line ("But I don't want to do it") in some bizarre, quasi-Transylvanian accent, and I cannot begin to speculate as to why. I mean, one has to assume Axl thought about all of these individual choices a minimum of a thousand times over the past 15 years. Somewhere in Los Angles, there's gotta be 400 hours of DAT tape with nothing on it except multiple versions of the "Sorry" vocal. So why is this the one we finally hear? What finally made him decide, "You know, I've weighed all my options and all their potential consequences, and I'm going with the Mexican vampire accent.""

It's so true bahahaha.
Great review, for the most part I agree. Axl did what he wanted to. He gave us an album that was as much of a continuation from The Illusion series as possible. While working on his own time. Many people don't agree with it obviously, but Axl knows his diehard fans are willing to wait if he's making music and he put together an outstanding creation even if parts of it are seemingly over-complex. If you're gonna hate on Axl for this album, as he would say, get in the ring.

My personal favorite tracks are "Better", "There Was A Time", and "Madagascar." With "Better" being quite possibly my favorite GnR song period.
ins0mniac is offline   Reply With Quote