Music Banter - View Single Post - I didn't know where to put this, but I need music help.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Veronica Lodge
Music Addict

This is why I think most people shouldn't catergorize music.

I think the general public doesn't really know ENOUGH about music to categorize it. Thankfully, there are people out there not like this, and most people on MB are said people.

One of the things that really really urks me especially is this discussion of punk, and its forefathers. If people actually looked in books and researched, they would know the story and evolution of punk.

In all honesty, I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but their opinion is only valid if its an educated one.

With that being said, I'm going to direct this next bit to Tobias. I think it's great that you are willing to learn more about music and branch out. But forget about catergorizing music. Forget about putting a label on it. Genres were designed to direct kids in records stores where to put the album on a shelf. Listen to what you want, for real real, and don't be focused on what's punk, and whats pop-punk. In the end, it's all the same - it's music.

Yes, that IS what I said.
Veronica Lodge is offline   Reply With Quote