Music Banter - View Single Post - Return to Forever
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Demonoid
Music Addict

I just listened to this.

Damn, that's some awesome technical skills shown there. I think Jazz-fusion is the only area where one can show their technical skills and still have good music to go along with it. Anyways, from what I listened to -

The opening track, Medieval Overture gave an hint of what's to come, although parts of it didn't work all that well. The Sorceress is damn funky and groovy and my second favorite from the album. Has some great piano work in the middle as well. The title track is definitely my favorite . All the musicians did their part here and the track went along perfectly. Majestic Dance is a bit more strait forward and didn't impress me as much as the rest. A good tune though nonetheless and has Al Di Meola written all over it with his typical guitar shredding. The Magician was kinda weird and I'm not sure whether I liked it not. Need to listen to it another time. That goofy part at around 3 - minutes odd was especially weird . Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant was another highlight here. Definitely one of the best, and as good as the title track.

So, overall, I'm definitely impressed, but I don't think the album is perfect. Both Majestic Dance & The Magician could have been a bit better though.
Demonoid is offline   Reply With Quote