Music Banter - View Single Post - Mac vs. PC
Thread: Mac vs. PC
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Lodge View Post
well you've really only told me that they are cheaper.

macs offer much more than pc's do.
i think pc's are great if you want to surf the internet or play solitaire.

macs are much better for people such as graphic artists, audio professionals, etc, because they can handle the programs.
It's the other way around. PCs offer much more functionality/control, but Macs have their little niche in the market when it comes to ease of use and graphics/audio creation... I am not a graphics/audio professional, but I suspect Macs are favoured in that area not because of anything to do with 'handling the programs', but rather the fact that Apples come with good free programs for those purposes.

Anyhow, I have no problems with Macs. Macs are better for some people and PCs are better for others. I do have a problem however with Apple selling an image rather than a product.

Also I'm sick of Mac evangelists piping on about the greatness of Apple... the common case is that Apples suit them because they're not too good with computers and they've finally found a computer they can use without problems. That's fine and they'll pay a higher price for this ease of use, but their personal preference doesn't mean that Apple is suddenly objectively superior and more reliable as they'd love to claim. It means that Apples are the better product for their purposes, since they cannot or do not want to acquire the knowledge allowing them to purchase a good PC, use Windows, and surf the net without inviting viruses to join in.

So yes, Macs suit some people, PCs suit others. I triple boot Ubuntu / Vista / XP. Ubuntu for most things and coding, Vista for Windows stuff and playing Battlefield 1 and XP for gaming.