Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Don't have it yet.

I'm obviously not surprised by the less than steller reviews, but at least it's getting better reviews than the usual new Sonic game.

It seems the new Sonic games are just decent, I'd still call that an improvement I guess.

The main criticism behind Sonic Unleashed is the whole werewolf thing, which I knew would be retarded from the get go. Though I've read that the normal Sonic stages are excellent, and the game would have been a lot better without the werehog gimmick.

This seems to be Sega's problem, because the same criticisms have been made of other recent Sega games like the NiGHTS sequel. They break away from the original formula and try to cram in too many new features that distract from what the game should be about.

Now me personallly, I thought adding a lot of variety worked just fine for the Sonic Adventure games, and even if you don't like all the stuff they crammed in, at least in both of these games you can actually speed through a level, as Sonic, alone, without guns and not on freaking rails or any other added gimmicks.

C'mon Sega, is it that hard?

I will give Sega credit for this, at least they're having other developers handle the new Sonic games instead of just Sonic Team. They need to let Dimps develop all the Sonic games for now on, or hell, let Treasure make a Sonic game, that would be awesome.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote