Music Banter - View Single Post - Portishead : Third
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Agreed. I dont get what the deal is with this band. Frankly i find this album ad. Not that there other stuff is any good though. There so much more music of this genre that surpasses this.
Which genre? This album is not even the same genre of music as their previous releases. Not sure how you mean.

Quote:
I hated this album. I loved Dummy, and parts of their second release were good, but I didn't feel Third. They just didn't grow up, and I was sorely disappointed.
See above. It's not even the same genre of music. This is nothing LIKE Dummy at all.

I seriously don't get what people are talking about sometimes. I understand not liking it, hating it even, that's all fine, but accusing it of being anything BUT a total shift in direction for this band is ludicrous. It doesn't fit in with their previous releases at all. The only thing to tie them together is Gibbons' vocals. Nothing else.

And I don't see why anybody would suggest that this album was forced??? They didn't have to release anything at all. They'd been working on this record for absolutely ages. Years.