Music Banter - View Single Post - Morality and the Bible
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i did see the irony in that statement, but i think full metal jacket is pretty accurate. the drill sergeant in that movie was an actual drill sergeant they brought in to train an actor but ended up being better than the actor. i've watched that movie with people who have gone through basic training (old people) and they said it was pretty accurate--their goal is to break you. i have also spoken to vets who have killed people, and who have known sick crazy ****s in the army. the reality of war isn't very pretty...
All of this is true. I love the R. Lee Ermy story as well, but having known a lot of people in the military the near consensus is the being prepared to kill is a necessary part of training in order to avoid being killed. Preparing someone to do that is a difficult and demanding task, by any means necessary is the protocol. The Drillies have to look at it as potential saving a soldiers life. Quite the opposite of the desire to take a life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote