Music Banter - View Single Post - Classical or Electronica?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
classylady
Music Addict

Before you experiment further with a fusion between classical and electronica, I would suggest doing the following since my brother is a musician as well. He recently set up a rack system, PC, and Keyboard combo. Mind you, my stuff isn't nearly top of the line, but it's good enough for me to record my practice sessions to send to my brother for feedback. This is due to him still giving me lessons (sort of speak) and him and I corresponding through him giving me advice based on my progression on certain pieces:

Recording Interface: M-Audio FireWire 1814 Computer Recording Interface - bought due to brother's advice
Software: Propellerhead REASON 4.0 Music Production Software - given to me by my brother last time he visited
Computer: A Dell Dimension 5100 modified by my brother last time he visited
Keyboard: Kurzweil SP88X - My only high-priced item because I wanted the weighted keys on it to be as close to an actual piano as possible w/o spending an arm/leg on modifying my existing piano.
Sampling software - Quantum Leap Pianos Virtual Instruments

I'm not saying you should go out and go nuts on a new system to re-record your compositions, but if you wanted to make a new arrangement of an already existing song with your own original touches, might as well use more organic sampling and what you would consider electronic-type sounds. Then we would have a clearer picture of what you're trying to do instead of what (excuse me if this sounds judgmental, but I'm trying to be honest) ring tones for a mobile that came out 5 years ago.

My Friendster |My Space | My Bebo
Weight Loss Patch | Anti Aging Cream