Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
thegoldlaw
Music Addict

Not a fan of creatine or taking protein outside of its natural forms. But I do like that you realize they hinder the body and taking measures to prevent it. You know you can get both in their natural form just by eating beef or fish?

From my personal experience its more important when you consume food/supplyments rather then the food/supply you consume.

Personally I like 4 pieces of wheat toast with jelly and a bottle of gatorade before I go to the gym. This gives me simple and complex carbs along with electrolyte. I find ample energy in the lifts I do. As soon as my workout is done I like to consume any food, doesn't even matter what it is so long as it can be consumed as energy. When I get home I'll consume a form of protein and some complex carbohydrates. If you have the luxary to sleep right after you lift then do so. This gives your body a chance to recuperate without constantly being torn up from constant movement the rest of the day.

Also what are you trying to accomplish while lifting? Gaining functional strength, gaining size or trying to lose weight ?
thegoldlaw is offline   Reply With Quote