Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama's Cabinet
Thread: Obama's Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Well since I'm for universal health care I like it, even more than Obama's, but her plan was unrealistic given our economic situation so I dismissed it as a bunch of bullshit right when I saw the cost. That aside she's worked very hard as a Senator on health care reform and I just feel she'd be much better for that job. I know Obama wants people with differing opinions and I'm glad hes making it clear now that at the end of the decisions he's the President and it's his vision but for a job as important as Secretary of State I'd prefer someone with more substance than her and someone who agrees with his idealism more as well. The was the biggest difference between Clinton and Obama was foreign policy when they were running against each other. I mean when Clinton made her experience argument (which was a joke) she stressed that she had more foreign policy knowhow than Obama and that she would never negotiate with "them Arab types." She didn't understand that talking and more importantly listening to your enemies was a strength, not a weakness.

I mean I don't have too many worries about Hillary starting a huge fight over certain policies/issues of his because at the end of the day Hillary Clinton is a politician in every sense of the word. On the campaign trail we saw all the different faces of her. She went from being nice and respectful, to emotional, to angry and forceful and none of it could trump Obama's charisma and stronger message. I think you sort of saw her campaign breakdown and just start doing crazy things at a certain point (much like McCain's campaign but on a lesser and smaller scale.) Hillary was a republican in her teenage and college years and she only left the party when they nominated Nixon instead of Rockefeller. She isn't an incredibly liberal senator, Conservative drones from Rush Limbaugh to Ann Coulter to Kevin James wanted Hillary Clinton to win. Partly because they were more familiar with her and she'd be easier to run against but mostly because the alternative was much worse for their party. Hillary stood for everything Obama did not when it was popular: the war, the patriot act, etc... and then when it became typical for the Democrats to be against those things she turned around and started preaching the exact opposite and that is the essence of Hillary Clinton: someone who does something not because they believe in it but because it can keep them in office. My main concern is I don't know how she's going to act as Secretary of State and what sort of message she's going to send. Is she going to do what makes the administration successful or is she going to do what makes Hillary Clinton look good? Given her history, I'm inclined to believe the latter.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote