Music Banter - View Single Post - A question to vegetarians
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 08:27 AM   #150 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Chickens though, don't have a soul, or at least i'm guessing because no religion bans their consumption.

The same land for grazing is easily converted in quite a few cases, it has to do with soil minerals. Native Americans had mastered this practice with little to no technology at their disposal.
Minerals yes .. sometimes those minerals are shaped like big mountains and boulders and the soil layer available to plants averages at about 10 centimeters. I live in the arctic. I would like to see people try and grow some corn here .. still, the reindeer do okay because they can graze lichen, bryophytes and the dry tufts of grass that cling on to life up here.

Talking about souls have little relevance outside severly religious communities. I regard it pretty much the same way as people who claim there are leprechauns out there handing out wishes .. and wait patiently for the religious fog to clear from people's minds.

So to sum up, it makes no sense for me to decide the question if it's morally justifiable to harm an animal or not on wether or not it has a soul - which is something you can't prove any living thing posesses anyways.