Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama's Cabinet
Thread: Obama's Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 AM   #19 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I don't know why everyone seems to assume Colin Powell is this figure of integrity or whatever they assume. We don't really know what he was doing behind the scenes as Secretary of State though looking at what went down those first few years I doubt it was very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Henry Kissenger did what made him look good and we opened trade talks with China at a time when the world couldn't, and the U.S. as a whole didn't want to.

Clinton and Kissenger are different animals, but I don't think its inherently a bad thing.

Also, we don't know what Barack Obama's going to do, that didn't stop me from voting for him.
I have more trust in Obama than in Clinton though. Which I guess comes down to the simple fact after seeing the way he conducted his campaign I grew to trust him in addition to just liking him and after I saw Biden speak I was pretty much in love. Clinton on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
See universal health care scares me. Ideally, it would work, and everything would be okay. Realistically i think the quality of our healthcare would drop significantly along with the salaries of doctors, causing the medical field to become less desirable and you'll have worse doctors and etc... I do however think some sort of government funding should be set up to help those who simply cannot afford heart transplants and such.
Just because the amount of Doctors would drop doesn't mean the quality would drop. They all go through the same medical schools. Universal Health Care works very well in other countries and I doubt Obama is going to come up with some halfassed plan he made himself. He's probably going to look at what other countries are doing and hopefully particularly look at France, who's system we should steal.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote