Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama's Cabinet
Thread: Obama's Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
Which is fair, but who would you have in her place?

There are more than the reasons that are on paper that led to this decision.
I understand that and like I said I'm just uneasy about how well Clinton will work with him because I feel she's just a fake candidate who cares more about staying in power than staying true to an ideology but that could be said of probably ninety percent of politicians. I sort of expected her to get it though so I didn't do much digging into the other people on the short list (John Kerry, Bill Richardson and Richard Lugar) so there might be some things about them I like and I only have a general knowledge of the three of them, though I know a bit more about Kerry and I'm not a fan of him. I don't like his whole 'global test' idea. The other two I do like though. Richardson I like because I feel he was the most experienced out of the lot (he was an ambassador to the UN more than can be said of Clinton or Kerry) and seemed to have a level head. Lugar I would love, not only because he agrees with Obama foreign policy but he influenced them as well and I think he'd be great to have. He's seventy six though so I don't know if he'd be able to ride out the full eight years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
I think this solution, as with most all issues, lies in the middle. Completely universal healthcare has it's downsides, as does completely private healthcare. That's the problem with America, it's always Plan A or Plan B... why not plan AB?

My mother is a teacher, she actually won 4th grade teacher of the year in her inner city school district... But she'll be the first to tell you there is some real scum in the teaching business.
Lol and what is the middle ground for private health care and universal health care? They're completely opposite ideas I don't know how you could possibly combine the two.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote