Music Banter - View Single Post - Need to rant on
Thread: Need to rant on
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dacoro
Groupie

Default Need to rant on

Most music today is completely horrible. Not all music, but most music. It makes it very difficult for a young musician, like me, to have any hope of ever making it in the music industry. Music is all I have and all I want to do with my life, but if the world will no longer accept certain types of music. If I don't play the type of music that is on the radio, I probably will never have success with my guitar.

My guitar teacher says that my friend and I are both amazing at our instruments. He tells us that we will make it in the music industry, but he's too old and doesn't realize what kind of music is played on the radio.

After my last year of high school, I'm going to a community college and then going to The Musician's Institute of Technology in Hollywood, Los Angeles.

The other day, I went with my sister to see Twilight and I was completely sceptical, because I thought it was just some chick movie with strange romance, but when I heard Claire De Lune and Bella's Lullaby it almost brought tears to my eyes.

I know it's a semi-long post, but what I'm trying to say is that it's sad how messed up the Industry is these days. I believe that music that is being create now, will not be remembered such as song like Claire De Lune or Fugue and the likes. I just hope that somehow I can make NEW music that will be remembered for many years to come. I'm willing to dedicate my life to music and hopefully, one day, be known for helping bring back music that you can FEEL.

P.S. I'm definitely not saying ALL music sucks today, I'm just talking about MOST songs we hear that give us no feeling. They have no emotion to them. They won't be remembered. People are earning money off of nothing, when there are people out there who really deserve respect for what they create.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I thought this would be the best place.

Last edited by Dacoro; 12-03-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Dacoro is offline   Reply With Quote