Music Banter - View Single Post - Need to rant on
Thread: Need to rant on
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dacoro
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
If you are any good you will be 'successful'. Depending on what your definition is though... Content with your own production and being able to touch anyone with your music is being 'successful' to many different people.

And you obviously didn't grow up listening to disco, 80's pop, copy after copy of alternative grunge over the last 3 decades. In those decades the radios were full of as much crap and money making generic pop as it is today. And it was even harder to find good stuff back then I presume.

Emotion is dependent on the listener. And would have to be one of the silliest arguments in regards to the quality of an era of music TBH.

While you are very correct, I have to disagree on the emotion being dependant on the listener. While in most cases that is true, some musicians have had such great writing ability that they could create emotion within listeners at will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
You're pointing out the obvious in saying the radio sucks and showing your ignorance by saying music isn't touching anymore. Stop looking to MTV for music and start looking at webzines and blogs.
Haha you're right, I am being ignorant. All I'm saying is respect isn't being payed where it's due. Sorry for making another useless thread. Go ahead and lock it.

But I also didn't say that "Music isn't touching anymore." I'm saying that a lot of "respected" or "successful" people that are making livings off of their "music" don't even deserve what they are getting.
Dacoro is offline   Reply With Quote