Music Banter - View Single Post - Need to rant on
Thread: Need to rant on
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacoro View Post
I'm sorry, I probably made it seem like I only wanted to be popular. I meant that I want to produce music that will touch peoples' hearts the way it used to. And no, the radio was not relevent then, but it is now. I never said I wanted to become popular, although it WOULD be nice to be able to make enough money to live off doing what I love. I only want to help bring music that is able to create emotions within the listener. Achieving that alone is success in my eyes.

And again, I didn't say ALL music on the radio was bad. It's just that a lot of the "musicians" you hear on the radio don't deserve as much respect as they actually get. BY NO MEANS do i intend to say that all music on the radio sucks.
And I'm telling you that while the radio is still a viable means to reach people, you'll generally have better luck reaching a far more tolerant audience via the Internet. People who are weaned exclusively on radio wouldn't really give a damn about your music unless its full of hooks and power chords anyway.

Just forget about the music industry and focus on making music that doesn't cater to the expectations of a worthless American Idol-suckling audience who worship Chris Brown and think Nickelback and 3 Doors Down are the saviors of rock n' roll.

Comus and ethan gave you good advice also; I'd take their words seriously if I were you.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote