Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama's Cabinet
Thread: Obama's Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
This post shows an incredible amount of ignorance on your part. Don't use fourteen year old statistics to prove your point especially when the economic and job situation is radically different nowadays. For one there's the cost difference which is something you're not looking at. Universal Health Care is going to cost roughly a hundred and forty billion dollars. It's not going to be cheap and you can't simply switch costs from one things to another and think they're it'll even out, it's not that simple.

As far as the job market comment goes...it just shows once again you're being incredibly ignorant. Your average family isn't going to be able to roommate with other families comfortably and they shouldn't have to. Also your numbers are off, twenty-seven million people on food stamps doesn't mean twenty-seven million people are unemployed it just means twenty-seven million can't afford to pay for food. But that was fourteen years ago.

I don't think you're aware how fragile the economy and employment climate is right now. Let's look at something recent, like the auto industry problem. Do you realize if they fail they're going to lose 240,000 workers right there? And when you add in everyone tied up to it through dealers, the suppliers, etc. 2.3 million Americans are estimated to be jobless. That's one small facet of American industry and you'd tell all these people to ride a bus? Move in together? Stop being lazy? And do you think all those mechanics who have spent over twenty years as a mechanic are going to be able to move into an equal paying job afterwards? Your average Joe who became a mechanic out of college and hasn't done anything else would be lucky if he got a job as Janitor and that won't pay the same and you're just going to tell him to suck it up? How do you expect him to live and feed his family? There's a certain point when the government needs to take care of it's people. You can't just let them starve on the streets.
I didn't literally mean that every family should move in together. I was showing that you can always find a way to get by. Jobs are out there, and people ARE hiring. You just have to be willing to put forth an effort. I'd like you to tell me why welfare is a good thing. All it does is keep people exactly where they are. It doesn't help them improve their life. The majority of people on welfare stay on welfare. So we can't let our people starve on the streets but we CAN trap them in an extremely low quality state of living with no incentive to improve their lives? Yeah, great system.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote