Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome to Cubanada!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

i'd wait until at least tuesday before busting out the cohibas. i'm also not expecting this to be a quick decision on the GGs part, at least i hope it isn't, this is going to set a HUGE precedent for canadian politics.

it's also understandable that the opposition would be outraged by harper's pre-budget economic plan which amongst other things was going to slash the public funding every party gets based on voting results (currently $1.95 per vote). it would have effectively bankrupt both the liberals and the bloc.

it's also pretty lame (but not at all surprising) that the coalition is turning around and claiming a lack of action in regards to the economy as the driving force behind the non-confidence vote and the power grab. even if they get their way there's no way they can table a budget any faster than the conservatives already have planned for january.

there's also even less point in dumping a chunk from a proposed $30 billion aid package for auto and forestry into the failing north american auto sector when we don't know if the big 3 will even be bailed out by Obama's administration. it's not like anyone with a clue couldn't see them tanking from a few years back when desperation (free gas for 6 months, employee discount, first 6 payments on us, etc.) took over their advertising direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote