Music Banter - View Single Post - Obama's Cabinet
Thread: Obama's Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
I hear ya Ethan, but if he took Luger, he'd be doing what he stands against, he'd be taking the "group think" he found to be dehibilitating in the long run.

I think Clinton has experiences she can draw from, even if it wasn't in peace talks, or trade negotiations.

I have to agree with him on this though, theres is never a bad time to know what the other side is thinking. Occasionally you can find a halfway point.

Like for example, if you thought the majority of Conservatives were against abortion because it was murder, you'd be wrong. Having a conservative in there to note that a large majority of republicans just want state rights.

This is an oversimplified example, and if anyone argues with me on this point I will become the wrath of Thor, but you get my point I'm assuming. That having a deceptive Clinton in there, is more advantagous and less coniving that not having her. She's motivated, and good diplomacy is a great stepping stone for the office.
I was probably being a bit harsh on Clinton but I would've just preferred someone else. I'm glad he did put Richardson in his administration and I can understand why he didn't pick Lugar I just felt there might have been more there that Obama could've drawn from.

I don't think Clinton was a terrible choice for the record I'm just kind of wary about her. She showed great instinct as First Lady when it came to diplomatic situations. I was reading something in Time I think where there was some disgraced foreign leader who later became important again and the US basically didn't have much to do with her but Hillary had tea with her and the leader never forgot that act of kindness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
And that team hasn't done anything yet either. Admittedly I know very little of his selections outside of Clinton, who was an... interesting choice.
Obama promised a bipartisan team, something president elects have been doing for god knows how long and never delivering. They might throw a token democrat into Agriculture or Republican into Veteran Affairs but they've never actually followed through on the intention of the promise. Hell Bush said something along the lines of him not seeing party and that he was going to reach across the isle, he didn't. Obama has and that's significant.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote