Music Banter - View Single Post - The 'Post Pictures Of People From HotorNot & Poke Fun At Them' thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbloodredridinghood
But honestly, if I were in a coma and dying I'd like myself to not be posted all over the news over something that the rest of america really doesn't give two ****s about. Her family had it coming. If they are good Christianly people then little miss Terry Schiavo is in heaven now. Besides, it's just a joke. It's not that big of a deal. Don't get your panties into a bunch over it.
Hmm, I would assume something that is 'all over the news' is something America would indeed care about. Odd.
The fact is many people across the country came to support her, some just to try and take water up to her, inevitably getting arrested.
There's nothing wrong with you not caring. I'm sure there are lots of people who feel the same way. But, not me. I realized and accepted her horrible fate, but I sympathized for those who were closest to her- friends and family. I would not want to be in a situation like that solely for one reason- because I wouldn't want to put my parents through that kind of grief. I value life, as a whole, I might not be directly affected by individuals, but different people happen to share the same kind of pain. You don't need religion for any of that. Joke if you will, maybe a few people are laughing, but life and death are no joking matter, sometimes you only realize that when it hits close to home.