Music Banter - View Single Post - Morality and the Bible
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #132 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

I dunno why you ever bothered cardboard_adolescent. This whole back and forth thing has been a closed circle. It comes down to the fact that there are those who choose to cast themselves into a void after death and those who hope for something more beyond the body. People tend to prefer the latter, if for no other reason than the fact that its preferable to believe in the existence of an incorporal soul which never dies and continues on. Its why people seek higher forces and meaning even though such may not be real.

This whole argument has given me something to think about though, as I have five or six atheist friends, though two of them have told me they are actually agnostic. Coincidently, all of them are suffering from depression because they are absolutely certain that their lives mean nothing and that there is absolute emptiness beyond their lifespans. I've tried to cheer them up before, but sigh...

The Monkey: Documenting rather than encouragement is probably closer to the truth of the matter on two of the three. Slavery was common in the ancient world, even before the advent of the "book of fairy tales". The same could be said about the killing of homosexuals and the selling of children for various purposes. Why blame the Bible when that sort of crap happens even in third world countries where nobody knows who Jesus is?

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-05-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote