Music Banter - View Single Post - The 'Post Pictures Of People From HotorNot & Poke Fun At Them' thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Sweet Jane
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbloodredridinghood
But honestly, if I were in a coma and dying I'd like myself to not be posted all over the news over something that the rest of america really doesn't give two ****s about. Her family had it coming.
In what way did they have it coming? You don't think if you were in that situation your family would want to fight to keep your life? They didn't publicise Terry's situation for fun, they were involved in a legal battle with her husband on whether she should be kept alive or not. If America doesn't give two hoots about that then they're stupid, apart from anything else, because the decision in this case forms the basis for any similar cases in the future so if it's someone you know next time you'd be scrambling to find half the arguments discussed in Terry's case and you'd count your blessings to receive half the public support she did.

Hobbes: "I'm not sure that man needs the help."
Sweet Jane is offline   Reply With Quote