Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Star Wars character
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #48 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Darth Vader was such a badass in the original trilogy.

And then what do they do? They turn him into an annoying brat in episode 1, an emo pussy in episode 2, and a c0cky punk in episode 3. At least he started getting badass in episode 3. That fight with Obi Wan was pretty sweet.

You know, I'll be honest. I thought the prequels were great as backstory films, explaining everything we wanted to know, though sometimes they explained too much (seriously, the force is just some particles in your bloodstream?) and while I thought the stories overall were good. What kept the films from being great was the poor miscast acting from Christensen and Portman, and the fact that the trilogy focused way too much on their relationship, putting that and Jar Jar aside though, I still think they were decent films.
I've read most of the expanded universe books and they explain a lot more of the backstory and the details of the force etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
For me:
Empire Strikes Back
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
Phantom Menace

I always found the expanded universe more interesting than the movies tbh
Yeh, the only problem is there are so many different authors that the writing is inconsistent. They're all good writers, just too many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I loved the action sequences in AotC, particuraly the showdown with Jango Fett and the final battle scenes. The dialogue and acting was pretty dull, but not as cringeworthy as Anakin and Jar Jars scenes from Phantom Menace.

Overall, I did like the new films despite their flaws, but they obviously don't touch the original trilogy. Except I think Revenge of the Sifth was easly the best out of the 3 and was almost as good as Return of the Jedi.
The first three are much better, but the lightsaber duels are, sadly, rendered obsolete.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote