Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #3107 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obdurate View Post
Why's that? Is it the production or just the song writing in general?

I saw this comment on youtube for the title song, and the guy basically said: "Another Killing Joke album ruined by the production. No more recording in caverns with crappy equipment, guys." And I laughed a bit, but recording in caverns and stuff is one of the many reasons Killing Joke are so awesome.

The best description of their new music I've ever seen is, "It sounds like the earth vomiting." It's also kinda cool how people their age are raging just as hard, or harder, as they did when they were younger.
I'm not really sure what it is about the album that I'm having trouble getting into. You might be right, it could be the production. It's definitely a lot thinner sounding than the last few albums.

It could also just be a natural step in my getting into the album, it wouldn't be the first time it took me a while to get into one their albums. It took me a really long time to get into Democracy, for example, and now it's one of my favorite albums by them.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote