Music Banter - View Single Post - Funny Amazon Reveiws
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Some more Best Of David Hasselhoff......

5 out of 5 stars Sheer joy, no divisions, March 3, 2005
Reviewer: Richard Gardham from Hull
I know the comparisons between David Hasselhoff and Ian Curtis are inevitable, and have been made my far more knowledgable people than myself when it comes to music, but I actually think Hoff outshines anything Joy Division ever did with this Best Of.

Hot City Love is undoubtedly David's Love Will Tear Us Apart, an intellegent, melancholy affair. But whereas Curtis only ever recorded two albums, Hasselhoff is on to at least his 15th (that I own anyway). The Curtis/Hasselhoff arguments will continue to rage across the music press, but, for me at least, with this collection Hasselhoff will leave no one in any doubt as to who is the greatest. It's Hasselhoff, by the way.
----------------------------------------------------------------
5 out of 5 stars Once again the Hoffmeister delivers pure genius, December 14, 2004
Reviewer: archbishopinsertionratio from Heaven
Although many have tried, few have succeeded in blending an album so pure - that it *literally* takes you closer to heaven.

Undoubtedly Hasslehoff has achieved this, with this, his 173rd album to date. Although the previous 172 albums would all feature in my "Top 173 Album list" this one, as the title suggests is the Very Best (of David Hasslehoff).

After listening to this album in a state of utter nirvana, I've taken the decision to simply glue the CD drawer of my CD player shut, with this CD inside I need never to hear another track. That is how good this album is, nothing will ever trancsend the timeless beauty of this CD.

Although I appreciate that my next sentence may be extremely controversial - I believe that the track "Hot Shot City" is particularly good.Mind blowing, July 5, 2004
Reviewer: Tim Boott from Tokyo, Mars
Took the day off work to wait for the postman to arrive with my copy of this blinder. I slammed up the volume as loud as I could and blew my brains away with Highway to your heart.

Wow what an opener. Despite already owning 38 copies of this CD every new purchase is like giving myself a birthday treat.

I was pleased to find my personal favourite Hot Shot City making a reappearence on the CD. A classic I havent heard since I saw David perform on top of the Berlin Wall in '92.

After melting the CD from over playing and rewinding the damn thing I bought another. A must have.
---------------------------------------------------------------
5 out of 5 stars Hasselhoff, March 22, 2004
Reviewer: Clayson from Lundun
Quite simply the most devastatingly innovative artist of the millenium. Brilliance oozes from every one of these 16 timeless tracks. Surely he must now be mentioned in the company of the greats, Morrison, Cobain, Curtis, Hasselhoff.
--------------------------------------------------------------

5 out of 5 stars Hasselhoff Uber Alles, February 27, 2004
Reviewer: ianfist from London
Not since the first performance of Beethoven's 'Eroica' shook the Viennese haute-monde out of their seats has there been a more determined, brutal attempt to wrench the tree of music up by the roots. For my part I would rather have been behind the mixing desk during the first take of 'Hot Shot City' than in the audience at the Theater an der Wein on April 7, 1805.

Hasselhoff an artist who works from a broad and beautiful palette, succesfully blending the nervous energy of a young Stephan Dennis with the cutting-edge pomp of the modern greats - Foreigner - Roxette - Bonnie Tyler - to produce a new sound for a new Deutchsland.

Many of the songs on this album defy explanation. I doubt even David himself could give a coherent account of the mental processes which led him to compose 'Highway to your Heart' or to the sublime bassline which supports the heartbreaking,fragile beauty of 'Flying on the Wings of Tenderness'. The track 'Crazy for You' will burrow into your brain like a parasitic worm and lay burning Rock'n'Roll eggs in your limbic system. Track 16 is named 'Du'. The word 'Du' means 'You' in German.

The only flaws exposed by intense, repeated listening to this wonderful album are those flaws inherent in us, the listeners. For example, whenever I listen to track 5 - 'Everybody Sunshine' my colostomy bag explodes, showering me with faecal matter. It's a small price to pay, I'm sure you'll agree for time spent at the feet of the greatest master of the greatest of the arts.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote