Music Banter - View Single Post - The Big Three auto makers, Ford, GM, Chrysler : Should they be bailed out.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Yes but who will pay for the roads? The schools? And what guarantee is there that the right people who will donate will become rich? Just their "rationality?" And what incentive is there to donate? Are you even aware how much it costs to adequately maintain an Armed Force? And then a police force for the entire country? Who will ensure that companies operate in a fair and even handed manner? That they don't cut corners, endanger peoples lives and that they dispose of their waste in an ethical manner? I have more questions on an international level but lets stick with these for now.
Roads: Whoever wants to pay for them. Roads built immorally are still built immorally so even if our road system would not be as connected as it is, eventually someone will come up with an easier/cheaper way to make them because it is capitalism.

Schools: Schools are a business. There is a demand for schools so schools will obviously be in existence. Public schooling? Nope, but if one can't afford to pay for school he can always try to appeal to private charities and etc. The right to an education does not mean that one is guaranteed to an education.

And what guarantee is there that the right people who will donate will become rich?: Well I can guarantee that rational people will donate. Otherwise, you have anarchy and the society may result and an immoral government.

Just their "rationality?" And what incentive is there to donate?:
I listed the incentive above, but the rich man has the incentive to donate because if he doesn't all hell will break lose and it will be targeted towards him. The rich man is the one who is blamed for almost everything these days. Plus, you have looters who would just steal form him anyways. So if the man can have some security by donating some money to the government, why not give a bit?

Are you even aware how much it costs to adequately maintain an Armed Force?:
Well it depends on how big the armed forces are. If the demand for an armed force is high, people will donate. If it is low, people won't. The army will also benefit from the capitalist economy. Lots of things get done under capitalism. So eventually the army will be better and easier to maintain. Also, to take into consideration, we are getting further and further from using armies. We are finding new ways to kill each other without having to see the person die. Eventually armies will probably phase out. I am not using this point to support my argument, however.

And then a police force for the entire country?
Again, supply and demand. Plus, our current police men are paid to go after people for dumb **** like drugs. Things would not work that way under this system.

Quote:
Who will ensure that companies operate in a fair and even handed manner?
I cannot answer this question without getting into philosophy. If you really want me to answer, then ask the question again. Of course you would have obvious violations such as breaks in contractual agreements, which would be solved by the government. Though I would need you to define "fair and even handed."

Quote:
That they don't cut corners, endanger peoples lives and that they dispose of their waste in an ethical manner?
Ethics is one of the four main branches of philosophy.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote